For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Done

Continuing on with the yogurt cheese...

We ended up leaving the cheese cloth bag of yogurt hanging for about 2 1/2 hours.


I decided I liked this consistancy, though another hour or so would still have been spreadable, I think.

Since the outer edge is thicker and drier than the middle, I turned it out into a bowl for mixing.











I used the same bowl that the liquid was caught in, after transfering the liquid into a measuring cup. Just over 3 cups - enough to split up into 2 batches of bread (4 loaves).














After a thorough mixing, the cheese was transfered to a container I could seal tightly and refrigerated for about another hour.















Then we got to OHMNOMNOM sample *mphf* some NOMNOMNOM...

It was very tasty. ;-)

I like it plain, but this would take well to having something like dill or other herbs mixed in. It's a great spread for bread or crackers, by itself or as an ingredient in a veggie dip, and so on.

No comments: