For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Going back in time


When I was a kid, one of the things we looked forward to was getting the new Eatons and Sears catalogs.  Many hours were spent flipping through the pages, dreaming of being able to buy some of the stuff in there.   For many years, the Eatons catalog was the only way people in rural areas could get a lot of their supplies, and the items listed reflected those diverse needs.  Eatons stopped their catalog service in the 70's, if I remember correctly.

Going through this 1920-21 Eaton's Fall and Winter Catalogue is a fascinating glimpse back in time.  Enjoy!

(You can use your keyboard arrow keys to flip through the pages.)

1 comment:

Valerie Marie said...

Thank you so much: the 1920 catalogue ist beautiful. Makes me sad too...
(Came from ATM's blog)