For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Library list

Today's library trip doubled as some time with Youngest on her own, as Eldest headed out to take in a matinee with a friend. They took in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which turned out to be rather shorter than she expected. She actually has no interest whatsoever in TMNT, but company with a friend is always good. :-D Afterwards, they took in a stamp collecting event.

As for Youngest and I, we returned the Brother Cadfael movie I'd picked up for her last time, and today she picked up three more; The Sanctuary Sparrow, St. Peter's Fair and The Leper of St. Giles. She is really enjoying those movies right now. She also grabbed a couple more Calvin & Hobbes digests, The Revenge of the Baby-sat and The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes.

With Eldest's interests in making beaded jewelry, using polymer clay, and papercrafts in mind, I chose some books for her, though some are as much for myself as for her.

Beadwork Creates; Bracelets: This is part of a series of beadwork books and one chosen more for myself, as it uses beadweaving techniques, but also for Eldest to get some ideas from. There are a few non-woven designs I thought she might like, too.

Fashion Beading: This one looks like a real winner - Eldest was oohing and ahh-ing the whole time she went through it. Along with ideas for beaded wearables, there are instructions on making beads as well.

Jewelry from Nature: I'm not too sure how much we'll get out of this one. Finding the materials might be a bit difficult for us now. Still, seems like a good source for ideas.

The New Beadweaving; Great Projects with Innovative Materials: Ok, this one is for me. LOL It's got some weaving techniques I haven't seen before, plus lots of patterns and idea.

Fast Polymer Clay; speedy techniques and projects for crafters in a hurry: Some cute projects in this one, though Eldest's ladybugs are a lot nicer than the ones in the book. LOL I love the doll house food projects. Very fun looking.

I could've sworn I'd picked a second polymer clay book, but I we can't seem to find another in the pile, so...

Papercraft Projects for Special Occaisions: This one seems to have a good variety of interesting projects, more towards 3D paper sculptures from the looks of it. I think I'll be enjoying this one as well.

Papercrafts; 100 fantastic paper projects, step-by-step: Although this one has a lot more "flat" projects (greeting cards, stationary, giftwrapping), it's got a decent amount of dimensional projects as well.

On top of these, I picked up some DVDs I'd put on hold.

Vikings; Journey to New Worlds: This is the one that was released on IMAX. Looks quite interesting.

The First Cities; Secrets of Ancient Empires: With my interests in early human history, I just couldn't resist this one.

What the Bleep Do We Know: We've borrowed this one before, and I had to put a hold on it to be able to get it again - it's always out. We've definitely got to buy our own copy. Very cool.

That was it for today. I'd accidentally grabbed a bag with a hole in it, so we didn't get more this time. *L*

When we got home, Youngest and I immediately started setting up to watch the Brother Cadfael movies while I braided her hair for her in lots of little braids all over the place. She loves it - and it keeps the hair out of her face. *L* She looks so cute! {ahem} Sorry. Mommy moment, there. ;-)

Hmm... I think it's time to see what they're doing right now. Eldest is set up on the balcony with her camera and tripod, but I've no idea what she's taking pictures of. Knowing her, it could be anything! LOL

1 comment:

Spindle. said...

I do not know if I should be offended at that last comment...