For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Luscious Baked Brie

Here's the recipe for the baked brie I made for this New Year's. It's the first time I've tried it, and I got the recipe from the husband of a friend of mine. I don't know what he called it, but I call it delicious! It's so easy, too!

Baked Brie with Maple Syrup and Pecans

1 wheel of your favourite brie
maple syrup - indulge in the real thing, not the fake stuff!
whole pecans - enough to cover the top of the cheese in a single layer
1 loaf crusty bread

Remove the rind from the top of the brie only. Place the wheel into an oven safe dish.
Spread pecans and pour maple syrup over the top of the wheel. You want enough syrup to cover the top generously, but not so much that it pools a lot when it drips down the sides.
Bake at 350F until cheese is melted - about 10 - 15 minutes.
Serve hot on pieces of crusty bread.

No comments: