For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Excited

The count down is on!

After almost 4 years, we are finally getting our piano shipped out! It should arrive in a few hours. The space for it is read, the space they need to maneuver is cleared, and we're all set.

I can hardly wait.

It should be interesting seeing how they get it in. When we made the arrangements, I did tell them it was an upright grand. I don't think they realized what that meant. Talking to them later (and finding out the piano was making a side trip to Toronto), the owner of the moving company said, "that's a really BIG piano!" Well, yes. I did tell them it was 1000 pounds, too. What did they expect?

They probably expected an upright piano. I don't know that anyone makes upright grands anymore, but they are a fair bit taller than the more common uprights.

Our entrance is on the second floor. They have to get it up the stairs, with most of the stairs running in between our townhouse and our neighbour. The hard part is going to be turning it at the top to get it through the door.

Well, that's what we're paying them $1500 or so to do! They added extra when they found out more about the stairs, which we had planned for. A few steps are no big deal, but a full flight is something else. They're even going to have the transfer the piano from the big moving truck to something smaller, because a full sized moving truck will get stuck on our street.

It'll be good to be reunited with the beasty.

No comments: