For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Of lunch and bags and the joy of independant kids

I have a few moments to sit and write a post - will have photos to add later one.

Eldest has been wanting to replace her purse, which I made for her a couple of years back. She's never been happy with the types of bags available in stores, so she came up with a design for a bag that's large enough to fit one of her larger sized drawing pads, plus lots of pockets.

The pieces had been cut out a few days ago, and today they're being put together. I've demonstrated how to sew side panels to a body panel with turning a corner, which Eldest did an excellent job of doing herself on the other corner. As I write this, she is waiting for the iron to heat up so she can iron folds around the pocket edges. She's got pockets for both inside and out.

While she was doing that, I was going to make lunch. Youngest was disappointed when I asked her to shred some cheese for me. Why? Because SHE wanted to make lunch.

So I shredded some cheese for her, instead.

Oh, lunch is now ready. Time to enjoy the fruits of my daughter's labours. :-D

No comments: