For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Getting re-aquainted

The girls and I have been having fun getting re-aquainted with old friends - of the paper variety!  I've been slowly opening up all the boxes that we brought back with us.  Some, I could actually unpack into shelves.  Others will have to wait until we get more bookshelves.

The girls are in heaven.  Youngest is enjoying our Encyclopedia of Mythology, and Eldest is happy to have her animal reference books (we've found the bird and dinosaur ones, but her animal one has yet to be unearthed).  We've also found several textbooks on psychology and sociology she's got fond memories of.

I've got all my craft books again, as well as all my cookbooks.  Those were greatly missed.  My gardening and health reference books will come in handy, too.  Two encyclopedia sets have made their way upstairs for the girls, waiting in their boxes for more bookshelves up there, too.  Eldest will probably get good use out of my herb books, too.

Opening all those boxes and seeing what comes out makes it feel a bit like Christmas! :-D

No comments: