For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

So close!

Just a couple more days before we start celebrating Wigilia.  Today, the girls and I did the food shopping.  The only thing we'll have left is getting the lettuce for the salad and the fresh shrimp and scallops - though it looks like we'll have to go with frozen scallops, at least.  I asked at the grocery store today and was told they won't be getting more fresh scallops until after New Years - the suppliers are out.  With that in mind, we'll be picking up frozen scallops tomorrow, rather than waiting for Christmas Eve morning.

We'll need to time some things out rather carefully.  The apple pie(s?) will be baked tomorrow.  I'll be starting the ham early in the day, as I'll need the oven for the roasted leeks and apple dish.  The ham can be kept warm more easily than a vegetable dish.  Of course, we'll need the oven to heat up the tourtierre, as well.  The hot spiced apple drink can be done in the slow cooker, so all we'll lose there is counter space. 

I do still need to look for more stocking stuffers for Christmas morning.  I'll make a run out again sometime after Dh gets home from work.  I'll have to remember the plug the van in for the night, too - we're dipping below -20C tonight.

I am hoping to post a couple of recipes in the next day or so.  If not, I don't expect to post again until after Christmas.  We'll see how it goes. :-D

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, and health, wealth and happiness in the coming New Year!

No comments: