For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tourtierre weekend

This is our weekend for making tourtierre.  I picked up the meats yesterday.  Most of it was frozen (the butcher shop slowly filled my order over the space of a week as supplies came in), with the ground turkey finished up shortly before I arrived to pick it up.  I got our Christmas goose at the same time, which will stay in the freezer for a while longer.  At about $90 for a 10-12 pound bird, it had better turn out! LOL

Right now... I'm procrastinating.  The dishes are done, but the kitchen isn't anywhere near ready.  I need clear stuff away to make room for prep and the food processor.  Everything still needs to be wiped down.  The stock pot still needs a scalding and rinse, since it's been in storage since the kids used it to make apple juice.  Of course, there's also a long list of things that also needs to be done, but no one's doing it and I have no energy to nag at people to do what should be obvious.  I've got a mild cold - not enough to be much a problem, but enough to make me reserve what little energy I have to things that won't drive me nuts.

What I really want to do is crawl into a corner and nap for a week.

*sigh*

Time to hit the kitchen.  Wish me well.

No comments: