For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hungry girl!

Last night, I dropped a bit of finely chopped cooked shrimp into the tank of our loan triops. What a hungry girl she turned out to be! She immediately swam up and grabbed a chunk, then spent quite a bit of time swimming upside down at the surface, allowing me to take some pictures. Only one turned out well, though.


You can actually see the eggs in the egg sacs at the base of her carapace, too!

By this morning, there was no sign of any of the shrimp pieces I'd dropped in, so I added a few more. She happened to be at the surface when I did so, and WOW is she fast! She snatched a piece so quickly, I couldn't believe it.

I think she's enjoying having the tank all to herself. We're going to have to remember to feed her more often. We still haven't tried the grated carrot yet. Gotta remember to do that.

No comments: