For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Done!

It's done! I finished Youngest's cotehardie today, and she's really happy with it. I gotta admit, though, the upholstery fabric was easier to sew with.

It worked our rather well. I think the underarm areas are a bit tight. I made the openings a bit smaller than for Eldest, but not as small as the instructions recommended. It probably could've done with a gusset at that size. She can still get her arms through easily enough, it just bunches up a bit more than I'd like.

There are no gores at all in the sides, either - the skirt is more than wide enough without them. I could easily have made it smaller, actually. Youngest also asked for smaller sleeves than her sister, with a slight curve to the edge.

There's lots of left over fabric from making this, so I'll probably make her a matching drawstring bag with some of it. Before I start doing stuff like that, though, we need to decided how they want the ends of their cord belts finished.

2 comments:

The Travelers Journal said...

They are both wonderful! The colors they pick go so well together! What are you going to wearing?

Kunoichi said...

Thanks. :-)

As for me, I don't know that I'll be dressing up at all. I might have a chance to get fabric to make a surcoat, or perhaps a cape, in time but I doubt it. As long as the kids get to dress up and have fun, I'm happy. :-D

I'll be spending most of my time taking pictures, anyways. LOL