For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Five things to be grateful for

My current bathroom book is The Laws of Lifetime Growth; Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past, by Dan Sullivan and Catherine Nomura. I just finished Chapter five, Always Make Your Gratitude Greater Than Your Success, where it discusses being pro-actively grateful. Each chapter ends with a "where to start" exercise. This one suggested, among other things, writing down 5-10 things you are grateful for, every day.

I'll be working on that myself, and I figure every now and then, I can write them down here. To get myself going, here's my first 5 things that I'm grateful for.

1. My husband, for sticking with me for almost 20 years, and doing the things he does to support us as a family.

2. My children, who are such a blessing to my life.

3. My business, which can allow me to make a difference in people's lives in ways I never dreamed possible.

4. My family and upbringing. Yeah, my family may be considered dysfunctional, even abusive, by today's standards, but my parents did the best they could, and I'm grateful for it, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. It helped make me who I am today, and I *like* who I am today.

5. My country. I truly believe I live in the greatest country in the world. Canada certainly has it's flaws, but they are far outweighed by the many positives it has going for it. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.




How 'bout you? What are the five things you are most grateful for?

1 comment:

The Travelers Journal said...

Mine are close to yours :)
1) I am the most grateful for my boys
2) I am grateful Pete supports us, but I am most grateful he is gone.(that is a little different then yours ;)
3) I am greatful for Jesus. I guess that should have been number 1.
4)I have to say the smae thing about my family. The best that came out of my upbringing was my sister and brother without them I would be lost. You are right, our parents did their best.
5) I believe the same about my country. I sometimes think what a different life I would lead if I was born to a family in a thrid world country instead of the US. The things I complain about now would be luxuary to someone with as little as they have.

I have to add a 6 :) I am grateful for my friends. My friends I see all the time and the friends I get to have on the internet that I would have never meet otherwise. The world is truly getting smaller.

Thanks for the post, we all need to stop and think about gratitude.