For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

The last three - almost done!

Here are the last three in the light coloured set of decorations I'm making. All I need to do now is the edges.

This is the only one of the set where I didn't use gemstone beads. I forgot. *L* So it's just silver twisted bugle beads, plus clear seed beads that have the holes coloured black. I had to go into Eldest's supply of beads for those.







This one was simple in design, but difficult to do - I had to do it without a hoop. I'd marked the squares on the fabric in a row, which was a mistake. I had already finished the one pictured above, and when it came time to move the hoop to this one, I was catching the beads on one side, and the mirror from the one below on the other. I truly dislike working without a hoop!

The ribbons are done in back stitch using rayon floss and the stone chip beads are rose quartz.


I was able to use the hoop for this one, at least. :-D

The points are done in the same clear and black seed beads I used before, with hematite chip beads for the accents.

Before I finish any of the edges for this set, I'm going to have to find a way to wash off the pencil marks. I really expected them to rub off easily, like the white pencil crayon I'd used on the red set did. No such luck here.

3 comments:

The Travelers Journal said...

Love, love, love these! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Pencil doesn't always come off - I know that from marking quilts. Best to do a test first. There are some nice markers out there, sharpened chalk for instance. Lovely decorations.

Kunoichi said...

Thanks, Margot - it never even occurred to me that the pencil wouldn't come off! Thankfully, I was able to get it off with an old toothbrush, and the all ended up looking better for it. I'll know better the next time I'm tempted to use pencil again! *L*