For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Pinholes

We are all big fans of digital photography, though Youngest's interest seems to have waned. Four years ago, we had none. My husband got me a little point and shoot in the fall of 2004. Now we have 3 DSLRs and 3 older point and shoots, plus we'd had another point and shoot that we sold. I still use one of the point and shoots for it's video capability. Between us, we've easily taken in excess of 10,000 photos in the last couple of years alone, though we certainly haven't kept them all. The joy of digital - if you screw up a photo, you just delete it. One of the reasons I'd stopped using our film camera long ago was because there were so many wasted shots - the camera never seemed to focus where it was supposed do - and I got really tired of paying for garbage shots.

As great as digital photography is, there's still something to be said for film photography, and Eldest and been itching to try it out. More specifically, pinhole photography. Today, Dh noticed a site in a photo magazine that we checked out. Corbis Readymech Cameras. I love the idea that you can print out a camera!!

We ended up printing out the Freud-cam (Photos of Your Mother) and the red Pablo version. The pdf printouts include instructions, of course. Eldest has started assembling the Freud version, but is still missing pieces - like film and a film cannister - to finish it, so it'll be a few days before she can try it out.

It should be interesting to see how they turn out!

No comments: