For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Moving On, and see what else has been going on.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fisheye

Eldest is turning 16 soon, and the grandparents have already sent her some birthday money. After much agonizing against her frugal nature, Eldest actually bought something for herself.

Isn't this the cutest thing? *L* I love the creative packaging.

It's a 35mm film camera with a fisheye lens. Eldest does have a DSLR, but she's been curious to try film, and has long been pining for a fisheye lens. These lenses for SLR cameras are pretty expensive, but this was surprisingly affordable. Of course, we have to buy 35mm film and pay for processing, but I don't imagine that'll be much of an issue.

I look forward to seeing what kind of photos she takes.

Oh, and for the non-camera people out there, a fisheye lens takes images with a 170 degrees view. The result is a circular, somewhat distorted image. Most digital photo manipulation software has a fisheye effect, but the real thing actually captures more in the image than a non-fisheye lens.

No comments: